HHPE website may introduce you to and communicate with you about products and services marketed in India by HHPE and various other Hitachi Group affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “Hitachi Group Companies”). HHPE is committed to protecting the information that you share with us and explaining how we collect, process, and share that information.
HHPE uses automated tools to collect user data, which is necessary to provide improved service to our users. We collect:
- Systems Data:
Technical data about the user’s computer or device, such as the IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain and other systems data, and platform types.
- Personal Information:
By “Personal Information”, we mean any information about an individual that identifies or can identify that individual personally - full name, personal contact numbers, residential address, email address, gender or date of birth to respond to queries and requests. It does not include information where the identity of individuals has been removed (i.e., anonymous data). The different types of Personal Information that you provide us directly from the website include:
- Personal Contact information, including any information allowing HHPE to contact you in person (e.g. name, postal address, phone numbers, email address, fax number, etc.)
- Account login information, including any information that is required for you to establish a user account with HHPE (e.g. login ID/email, username, password, and security question/answer)
- Demographic and biographical information, including date of birth, age, gender, location (e.g. zip code, city and state, country, and geo-location), favorite products, hobbies, interests, and household or lifestyle information, etc. User feedback and User-generated content, including information that you share with HHPE about your experience in using Hitachi products and services;
- Purchase & customer service history
- Any other personal data submitted by you.
- Cookies & Log Files:
- Personal Information you provide directly to us when you register for an event, fill out a form, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Any other information collected by Hitachi or Hitachi Group Companies through any other means.
- Children below 16 years of age. If Hitachi has actual knowledge that Personal Information about a child under 16 years old has been collected, then Hitachi will take the appropriate steps to remove or disable such Personal Information.
You can choose to visit this Website without revealing any information about yourself. However, we may automatically collect information (like the number of site visitors and frequency) that is not personally identifiable to help us provide better customer service. This information is aggregated to measure the visits, average time spent on the Website, and how much of the Website you use so that we can improve it. HHPE collects “Non-Personal Data” with the help of the Web Analytics Tracking key to track your unique user journey to and on our website, and we may use this non-personal data to improve website performance.
Purpose of Collection of Personal Information
With regards to HHPE’s main business activities in Informational Technology, Industrial Products manufacturing etc., collection and utilization of Personal Information is only targeted to achieve its set business goals. HHPE may collect your personal information (like name, address, telephone number, e-mail address) only when you choose to submit it to us.
HHPE may use your Personal Information for some or all the following purposes:
- Customer support - to provide you with customer service, including responses to your inquiries, complaints and general feedback about our products. Customer service may be provided through various forms of communication, including via email, letter, telephone and online chat features.
- Customer engagement - to get you more actively engaged with our products and services.
- Personalization - HHPE may combine Personal Information about you collected from one source (e.g. a website) with data collected from another source (e.g. an offline event). This provides HHPE with a more complete view of you as a customer, which, in turn, allows HHPE to serve you better and with greater personalization.
- Marketing communications - to provide you with marketing communications where you have opted-in to receiving such communications (including information about HHPE, its products and services, competitions and promotions). These can be shared via electronic means (e.g. SMS, emails and online advertising) and via post.
- Other specific purposes - We may use your Personal Information for other specific business purposes, including to maintain the day-to-day operation and security of HHPE Website, to conduct demographic studies or audits, and to contact you for consumer research.
HHPE will not retain any kind of Personal Information provided by you or collected automatically for any longer time frame than the reasonably accepted period required to fulfill the purpose and other valid business or legal commitments.
How We Collect Your Data
We collect your data in the following ways:
- Information is provided to us by you, such as when you get in touch with us through the Website, when you register with us to receive any of our products and/or services, when you choose to receive any of our communications (including e-newsletter, event details) and information as may be voluntarily provided by you.
- Information is collected automatically when you visit the Website such as through cookies and analytics and performance enhancement services. This is done to measure user behaviour, improve content and services and enhance website performance.
With whom HHPE may share the Personal Information collected from you?
HHPE will never share your Personal Information with any third party that intends to use it for direct marketing purposes unless you have provided specific consent for it.
HHPE may share your Personal Information with third parties for other purposes, but only in the following circumstances:
HHPE may provide your Personal Information to its Hitachi Group Companies for legitimate business purposes.
- Legal Requirements and Business Transfer:
HHPE may disclose your Personal Information if it is required to do so by law or if, in HHPE’s good faith judgment, such legal disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes or respond to any claims. In the event of a full or partial merger with, or acquisition of all or part of HHPE by another company, the acquirer would have access to the information maintained by that HHPE’s business, which could include your Personal Information.
Apart from the aforementioned stakeholders, HHPE will not share your Personal Information with a third party before obtaining consent from you. However, we may be required to disclose your personal information to the government, law enforcement agencies, etc.
What are your rights concerning your Personal Information shared with HHPE?
We value your relationship with us and would like to inform you of the following rights:
- Right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where HHPE relied on your consent to process your Personal Information.
- Right of access:
You have a right to request access to your Personal information. You may send us a request for access. If HHPE cannot provide access to your Personal Information, it will provide you the reasons.
- Right to rectification:
You also have the right to request that HHPE correct any inaccuracies in your Personal Information. If you have an account with HHPE on its Website, this can usually be done through the appropriate "your account" or “your profile” section(s) on the Website itself. Otherwise, you can send us a request to rectify your Personal Information.
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten)
You may have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Information from the Website.
Securing Your Personal Information
To protect your privacy and secure the Personal Information you provide to us, we will take appropriate steps to verify your identity before granting access. We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Information that we collect and process. Our measures are designed to provide appropriate security to the risk of processing your Personal Information. Encryption at the right places is undertaken for data security. HHPE also regularly monitors and upgrades its technical and organizational security measures to provide effective security to its customers and their data.
As stated above, we will take stringent measures and adopt the best Industry Standards Information Practice to protect your privacy and Personal Information. However, you must understand that 100% security over the internet does not exist. You are responsible for any breach to your privacy in case of negligence on your part such as sharing of your login credentials with someone else or leaving your personal device(s) unattended while accessing the website.
Duration of Retaining Your Data
After the expiration of the applicable retention periods, we will either delete or anonymize your Personal Information. If this is not possible, then we will securely store your Personal Information.
Usage of Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information to obtain the following:
- Provide and enhance our Services
- Communicate with you;
- Provide customer support;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services, managing our communications, analyzing our Services and customer base, conducting market research, aggregating and anonymizing data, performing data analytics, and undertaking accounting, auditing and other internal functions;
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities; and
You can decline the cookies from our website by changing the settings of your web browser. However, please note that you may not be able to use all or some part(s) of our website properly if you choose to disable any or all Cookies.
If you have concerns or questions, you can write to us:
Corporate Marketing Department
Hitachi Hi-Rel Power Electronics Private Limited
B-52, Corporate House, Judges Bungalow Road, Bodakdev
Ahmedabad - 380054, Gujarat - India